Friday, May 8, 2009

How can I train my 11 month old chihuahua to use the potty pad?


Answers:
Watch the dog for a sign that it needs to "go".they usually start sniffing around the floor before they do it. Put it immediately on the pad. Don't clean it up right away.leave it so the odour remains there because the dog likes to go in the same place (detected by smell) as she already has gone. But you can put another pad over it if you want.
keep putting him on the pad when he tries 2 go else where rub his nose in it %26 put him back on the pad 2 teach him
I don't like the regular potty pads. They are made to be shredded by dogs. By some baby crib pads and use them. My dogs go to it easily. I don't train them to the pads, they just use them. To join a fun Chihuahua group, click the link below.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/chilo.
See my answer to the post right before this.
I do not remember the name of it but there is a liquid available that you can put on their potty pads which encourages them to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment