Friday, May 8, 2009

How can I train my dog to bark?

I know my dog can bark, because she does it all the time when someone pulls down our driveway or if someone knocks on the door. I want her to bark when she has to go outside to go to the bathroom. Right now all she does to alert us of the fact is she gets all excited and starts running around. I try to make her wait and ask her what she wants, but all this does is excite her more. Any suggestions?
Answers:
Really bad idea. Your dog will start barking for everything it wants. It will bark when it is hungry or wants to play or wants attention or wants to be petted. If you try to get the dog to stop barking then you will just confuse the dog and be sending it a mixed message. The dog will not be able to tell when it is okay to bark and when it is not okay. Go with the communication that the dog gives you now when it wants out. What is the problem with that? You obviously know what the dog wants.that it wants out to go to the bathroom. Go with what works. Dogs are not people. You can't make them communicate the way that you would like. They are animals. lol
I would DEFINITELY NOT TEACH YOUR DOG HOW TO BARK! It just teaches it that barking is ok, so you'll have a really annoying, loud pet if you do this. It's a clever idea, but DO NOT DO IT!
I can't imagine anyone trying to get their dog to bark considering all the time we try to get our dogs to stop barking. The only time they don't bark is to go outside, they sit by the door, or if we don't pay attention, we get chewed on till we let them out. Personally, I prefer the quiet approach. Of course, we have large dogs and they make a lot of noise, so the idea of having them bark even more is not something I really want to think about.
try to make him or her bark for the food

No comments:

Post a Comment