Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to train a cockapoo during playtime?

My 8 week Cockapoo stays in a den we have made for her in our kitchen, 3 days a week. It is roughly 9X6 and blocked with a baby gate. We keep her crate at one end filled w/toys and tied open, her food/water in the middle (usually just a water when she's alone-- we feed her before and after work, with treats on lunchbreak if she's good outside), and her potty place in front of the baby gate. She is confined here while I work, with my husband coming home on his lunchbreak for a walk/play period of 20-30 minutes. When I return home at night, I want to play with her. I take her potty, feed her, take her potty again, and then play time. Problem is, her definition of "play" is nothing but running/biting/chewing. I know it's because she's cooped up too much during the day. I want to give her play time and socialization when I'm home, but it's really hard when all she does is bite and run around like crazy (sometime having accidents)! "No" doesn't work; it just agitates more. Any ideas?
Answers:
Playtime and obedience training should be separate, but I do understand what you are saying, our dog loses her little mind when we come home, and it is look out humans her I come.

If you would like to research training please try a site called pet education.com this site is filled with topics that will be beyond helpful to you.

http://www.peteducation.com/default.cfm.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/

check it out. its not scam, its a website that started with someone doing a blog on her pet English Bully
first of all the puppy is still a baby and needs lots of exercise not just discipline. dogs like all animals learn by rote and if u don't know how to train them then perhaps u should buy a video or book on dog training or take the pup to a dog traning class. ur local pet suppermarket or petco usually has classes that fit anyones schedule. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment