Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to you get tear stains off Poodles eyes? I have tried Clear eyes from the pet store but it hasn't worked


Answers:
From Linda Coleman - Lin Lee Maltese: " I use the waterless blue shampoo all the time to refresh the coat between baths. I highly recommend it for cleaning urine stain as well as keeping the face clean. Apply to the face with a cosmetic pad, making sure it doesn't get in the eyes. Follow with cornstarch to dry and carefully comb out excess cornstarch. You will notice a difference in a couple of weeks. This not only cleans, but "whitens" too!
I purchase the waterless shampoo from one of the major suppliers. I am not aware if it is sold in the pet stores, but perhaps they can order it for you. Bio Groom is the name of the one I use."
milk
try giving your dog distilled water only this was advice I got from a breeder I am not sure why maybe the sodium in water causes the stains its pretty common though !
Use a warm washcloth and rub it gentle across the tear stain(s). all clear eyes is going to do is help him/her see it's not going to get rid of the stain(s) what so ever.
Ever wake up in the morning and have eye burgers. A warm wash cloth placed over the eye area will moisten them each morning and you make it a routine for your poodle.

I suppose what I am trying to say is wash the poodles face every morning with a warm wash cloth and in the evening if the build up is more flowing.
Keep the face clean and the tear stains are gone for ever and moreso wash the face to get rid of the tear stains. If you like you can try a tidbit of Johnsons baby shampoo on a warm wash cloth until the stain goes away and then just wash the face each morning as I said previously
i use o mixture of 2 parts water to one part hydrogen peroxide. rub litely on the stains then shampoo as usual with a whitening shampoo for dogs. works great on my chihuahua and my sisters poodle!! always be careful not to get the mixture or the shampoo in their eyes even if it says tearless.
Believe it or not. Contact lens cleaner. Make sure you get Saline based.

No comments:

Post a Comment