Sunday, August 2, 2009

husky puppy with diarrhea and vomiting?

I have 2 husky puppies. I've had them for about 2 weeks may be 3 now. ever since we got them I noticed that they had dirrhea. we thought it's because of the change in their diet. they poop and pee in their cage and I hate to give them baths every day but I have no choice. for the past couple of days we've noticed a change in the female husky. she seems depressed, I know how can I tell? I just can, I look at her and she feels sick and sad. they're about 8 weeks old to be exact. the male husky is doing fine. he did have diarrhea and then for one day he had solid poop and then again last night I noticed that he's got diarrhea as well. we thought she might have parvo. I notice that when I let her out she shakes while eating her food and that's been going on for about 3-4 days now. she's been vomitting for 2 days, it seems like she can't digest her food, and then she has brown watery looking vomit. I have a shihtzu too and they drink and eat together. she is fine one minute and then tired
Answers:
Oh, I don't want to scare you, but that sounds very serious and I think you need to them to a vet ASAP. Puppies can become dehydrated very quickly.
Take them to the vet IMMEDIATELY as they may have the deadly PARVO!! Please hurry.do it today!
maybe your dog got at something that could be harmful.take her to a vet ASAP.THE VOMITING AND DIARRHEA COULD DEHYDRATE HER AND BE FATAL IF IT CONTINUES
the vet can help we cant do test on it sorry..
You had best get both dogs tested and then innoculated for parvo. Sounds like parvo symptoms. I've lived on a ranch and had many dogs, and parvo can run rampant if dogs aren't vaccinated. Canine Parvovirus can be passed on to older dogs that haven't had a booster. I would get on down to the vet. If not parvo, then try feeding raw meat: hamburger, organ meat, chicken, (no pork) and cheese.
Don't waste any more precious time, take them to the VET right away! You can't take any chances with puppies this young!!Good luck!
give them half a pepto bismol pill (you might have to put it in velveta cheese) and give them infamil and pedialight (use a turkey baster) till u can get to the vet. it does sound like parvo
You might want to get them tested for parvo.
Where did you Them from? Puppies should not be away from their mother before 8 weeks, and reputable breeders would not let them go before 8 weeks. If you bought them from a pet store, go to them and ask who they use for a breeder, as reputable breeders do not do not sell to pet stores, but do get puppy millers do. I would take them to a vet, and have them looked at, I would hold the pet shop liable for your bills I have listed the sign of parvo below for you. And a site for you to research

Signs of parvo,
There is a broad range in the severity of symptoms shown by dogs that are infected with parvovirus. Many adult dogs exposed to the virus show very few if any symptoms. The majority of cases are seen in dogs less than 6 months of age, with the most severe cases seen in puppies younger than 12 weeks of age. There are also significant differences in response to CPV-2 infections and vaccines among different breeds of dogs, with Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, and Labrador Retrievers being more susceptible than other breeds.
The most common form of the disease is the intestinal form known as enteritis. CPV-2 enteritis is characterized by vomiting (often severe), diarrhea, dehydration, dark or bloody feces, and in severe cases, fever and lowered white blood cell counts. Acute CPV-2 enteritis can be seen in dogs of any breed, sex, or age. The disease will progress very rapidly and death can occur as early as two days after the onset of the disease. The presence of gram negative bacteria, parasites, or other viruses can worsen the severity of the disease and slow recovery.
If I were you I'de stop wasting time asking people on here..go and see your vet ASAP! If there is something seriously wrong with your puppies get them checked out immediatly. If it is Parvo you dont want to wait.take all your pets to the vet and have them checked for Parvo, if one has it there is a high chance that all your pets will get it too.Parvo is treatable but not if you wait a long time to do anything about it. GET TO A VET!

No comments:

Post a Comment