Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to train a toy chihuahua to litter pan train?

I have a one year old toy chihuahua.She is trained to go on the pads and does well but the second you put that tray under it.she goes on the carpet..why is up with that? I have 14 more years with this dog so how do I get her to go on the pad when the pad in in the tray?
Answers:
Get a cat. I have two cats and a toy chihuahua and she goes in the litter box and cleans herself all the time, just like the cats.
I hate the cheap flimsy puppy pads. Newspapers are better than them. However, I do use pads for my pups. I buy baby crib pads and they work great!
Funny! My advice, in the a.m. when she first wakes put her in a small area with bare floor and the pan then watch her like a hawk Give her negative reinforcement for floor, positive for pan. Limit the space she has and react instantly. This is how i got my 3 yr old chi to do pads.Good luck.
First of all, you should consult a professional, if there is one. Second, there is no designation of "toy" for chihuahuas. Your dog is SMALL, nothing more, even if it's smaller than normal chihuahuas, it just did not get big.
the toy chihuahua dosent want to go to the pan because I think she likes the texture of the carpet more than the pan?
o.k. all u have to do is put a stake in the ground and tie a leash 2 it REALY tight and then put the pad in the tray and just let the dog back inside

No comments:

Post a Comment