Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hyper Retriever?

I have a very hyper Golden Retriever and every time I bring him in side he goes nuts around the living room. How do I get him to calm down?
Answers:
Friendly Hello, This is really typical of the breed. Goldens are very energitic dogs. You need to remember these dogs were bred for out door sports. (hunting). I am not 100% sure that he will calm down. What I do with my dogs is they go right to their dog crate when they come in. Then after they calm down themselves. I let them freely through the house. That seemed to work best for me. My friend has a beautiful AKC litter of Golden Retriever puppies for sale right now. She sells them for only $300.00 each. If you have any questions you can email me directly bullmastiffpuppiesakc@yahoo.co. Blessings, Kelly
i agre with some of the above comments, i have three dogs 2 are retrivers, one of which is a golden retriver, he is very hyper, so i lte him stay outside and play with the other dogs till he gets a bit tired, by the time i let em in hes ready to take it easy.
*NO SUCH THING!*

Just UN-TRAINED dogs w/lazy/ignorant OWNERS!!
does he get alot of exersice? and i dont mean you letting him into the back yard and shutting the door..i have goldens and what you might not know is that they wont exersice on their own, they need you to throw a frisby, or a ball to retriever. take him or her to the dog park to play with other dogs, as long as he is friendly and has his vaccinations. if not, try throwing the ball, going on a long jog or run, play ball..that will wear him or her out and get her the exercise she needs. remember she is a retriever and they like to retrieve. and ive found from experience that letting the dog outside and shutting the door doesnt count as exercise. they wont do it on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment