Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to care for a dog?

I would like to get a new puppy that is a mix of a toy fox terrier and a jack russel. Does anyone have any good websites to visit about taking care of a dog? I never had a dog in my life, so I need to know how much food to feed it, wet of dry food, if it needs a sweter in the winter, how to wash it saftly, ect. ect. Good answers please! Thanks !
Answers:
http://www.peteducation.com/
OK first off. Make sure you know a good vet and CAN AFFORD ONE. That should be the first on anyone's list of owning an animal of any kind.
if you want to know where you can get it you'll have to e-mail me or call me at 3016463503 i know a place that has a all kined of puppys, and dogs, Etc., and i could give you more info! just let me get to it!
my local feed and seed gave me good answers to alot of my questions. the back of a bag of dog food usually tells you how much to feed your dog according the weight and age. also pay attention to the ingredients, there are alot with sugar in them. a feed and seed would probably have a bullitin board that will tell you about others who go dog walking or fields you can let your dog run in.
First make sure u can afford vets
Second find the dog right 4 ya if ur sad get a dog like a st. banared
third buy the food and feed him before ur feed
last if u wont ta earn maney trian him
a really good book is "puppies for dummies" by sarah hodgson. Very informational. Shows food, vaccinations, bath, commands, and more. Good for a first time dog owner.
Make sure you understand it is a big commitment. They require a lot of personal attention.just like a kid.
well, you should buy puppy food (Fred Myers works really good) and buy it a bed, toys, have a water dish, there are tons of books at the library. I'd say a cup of food a day. dry, if you feed it wet food only, later on he won't eat anything but wet food. if he's a short haired dog, maybe a sweater, otherwise no. i advise you to get dog shampoo that kills fleas and ticks if he's an outdoor dog. but yeah the library!

Good luck!
feed it,groom it,water it, take it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment