Friday, July 31, 2009

How to stop my dogs from urinating on the rugs?

I have hardwood floors that need throw rugs to further insulate them. I have tried to close all the doors before I leave and keep them close when I'm home. I've caught on of them in the act and he stopped for a few day but is back at it. I have two boys and a girl dachshund, if it's help-full. Thanks in advance for the thinking answers.
Answers:
1. Make sure they are all spayed/neutered. This will curb "marking."

2. Get Pet Force to clean the areas they have pottied on. http://www.frrco.com/121668 sells it. A bottle lasts a long time.

3. Take them out every time they wake up, after they eat, and during play.

4. Consider crate training.

If you have any other questions, email me at libertydogtraining@yahoo.com
git rid of the rugs, dress up your dogs, many of dogs like that and take them out side more often and giving them treats for going out side potty. and sometimes putting them in a kennel when ur out of the house.

u can also try
firstly get rid of the rugs that they have pee d on as it will only encourage them do to it time and time again once they have marked it with their scent. its no good telling them off if you dont see them peeing as they wont understand what their getting wrong for. you need to catch them in the act.

No comments:

Post a Comment