Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to get my Bazil back?

Recently I lost my poor Bazil in bush ! He is my Jack Russell!
He hasn't returned yet %26 i'm missing his scampering about the house.
My friend %26 local newsagent has suggested advertising for his return on a local dogging site but i'm mystified at which one to use?
My question is does anyone have experience off a good dogging site %26 which is the best dogging site to use for my Bazil's return?
Only sensible answers please!
Answers:
all I can suggest to you is you visit your local dogging site and see what pops up
I think since you have a PC you could put up some posters of your little dog. Someone is sure to return im, try not to worry and hopefully some good person will bring him back safely to you.
Any newspaper will work..Place your advertisement in the ones nearest where you lost him.
.He will likely be within 2-3 miles of where you last saw him..
.Return and call him..set up a camp and make a lot of noise, play music, or anything that he might hear .Honk a car horn now and then ..But, wait in one area, so he can find you..
Best of luck to you, in finding him..It is not hopeless..My doigs was lost in the woods for 12 days, and I finally found him..Very skinny, but so happy to see me!
Put missing posters throuh all the doors in the neighbourhood, put an advert in shop windows, with a picture of him, and put an advert in the local paper. Check the RSPCA, he might have been found, and handed in. I hope you find him, best of luck!
Dogging sites have their uses for those who like that sort of thing, but helping you to get your Jack Russell back is not one of them!

If your dog really is missing, put an advert in the local paper, in local shop windows, on telegraph poles etc.

Where possible, include a photo of your dog. Give as much detail as possible (name, breed, age, any distinguishing features etc.).

Contact your local council and ask to be put in contact with the dog warden. The dog may have beein picked up and be in a pound, waiting for you. Contact rescue centres. If you're in the uk, look on www.dogpages.org.uk for a list of rescues near you. I believe there's also a section on their forum where you can post details. Maybe you can ask for advice on their forum, too.

Good luck.
Try: http://www.petharbor.com/
I believe they're national (search by zip code or city/county and they have lots of pictures so you can see if your dog is on one of them. You can also post a picture of your dog. I would also suggest posting flyers (being as detailed as possible, placing the number, name, %26 lost dog several times, sliced at the bottom so people can rip off the number (in case they don't have a pen or cell phone) in the area the dog was lost, check all shelters, and newspapers, etc.

"PetHarbor.Com is a not-for-profit website. We are here to help connect the general public to the large amounts of data kept by the animal-care industry, which includes your local animal shelter, SPCA, Humane Society, county or city Animal Control, and many private animal-welfare organizations."
I'm so sorry your little dog as gone missing.
if someone as picked him up he'll be off at
the first chance back home to you.
Put a notice in your local shops, and look
around the internet in the UK.
Hope you soon get him back,good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment