Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to get thru mourning period of lost pet?

My husband %26 I had a beagle for 15 1/2 yrs %26 he died of old age(16 yrs old) in July. My husband is having a real hard time getting over his death.He was not home when Roscoe died; he was on the road. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can help him with this?
Answers:
It is just like losing a human family member. It takes time to get over it. The pain never entirely leaves, it just gets easier to handle. Truthfully, a new puppy will help ease his broken heart. It will never take the place of Roscoe, but will find his own place in your hearts. So sorry about your loss.
Well .when you fall..you get back up agian..

Adopt a new dog and give your love to one that needs it.
I wish I could help you and give you a good answer, but I can't.
It takes time and thank God, time does heal wounds.
Surprise him with a new beagle puppy and let him know that its not to replace Roscoe but will hopefully help him get through his loss.
It's very difficult when a pet dies!We feel the same way as when a person dies!
I think you should offer him a new puppy, but wait a few more months! Meanwhile try to have fun, get together in your free time, go to the cinema, games.whatever.distraction is a good way not to think in other things.
Hope this help
I am sorry for your loss. I am a total pet person, especially dogs. My Husky Banditt, is now 11, and I do realize she's in her last years. I can't even think of life without her!

I'm not going to say go get another dog, because no one can replace roscoe.

All I can say is that time will ease the pain. May be try and keep him occupied by doing things that the both of you like to do.

May be volunteer some time at your local shelter. May be being around animals will help him during this tough time.

Lots of luck!
I am really sorry about your loss. I lost a dog not too long ago becuase he had a health problem. I reccomend getting a new dog, a different breed would be very good. Have him pick one out. Thats all i got. Worked for me. Now i have Lola instead of Spot.
You poor thing. I've been through this. One thing you should never, you seem like you wouldn't, try to replace it. I wish the best for you. I tryed to replace Sasha, and I did like Emily, but no dog could replace Sasha. My dog was stolen. All that we found were chew toy bones on our porch the next moring. Time will heal though! Bless your heart for loving him.
That is a tough loss. I lost a dog a few years ago and it was hard to get over. I think the best thing is to give it time. Give him a picture of Roscoe when he was young, maybe one of them together. I know I was lost for while when my girl died. But in time, I learned to remember her for what she was. When the time is right and you will know when that is, then you can get another dog to help fill the void. They don't replace them, but they do help fill the void left by the one that was lost.
Take Care
I am sorry for your loss.Roscoe, I'm sure,was a wonderful pet. As for the person that said time heals all wounds,I have to say in my case it has not. I lost my very dear buddy Jax,a black Lab,nine years ago to prostate cancer. I still mourn his death.I know how hard it is for your husband. I hope time will help him.
hey, I'm so sorry about the loss of your beagle. I have an older beagle as well. She is about to be 13 yrs old..she has had cancer twice..but she is a survivor. I've had her ever since she was 8weeks old.

I lost a different dog almost a year ago. I still can't get over the loss. I think about him everyday..some days are good, others aren't so good. Sometimes I miss him so much I can't help it. Anyway, I am actively involved in dog rescue, so I ended up getting another dog. I can tell you from my own experience that the new dog has NOT replaced the other one at all, and that was not his purpose anyways. I feel that he has helped me somewhat in the grieving process, but everyone grieves differently, and if you get another dog too soon your husband could end up resenting it. I would give him some time to heal, maybe visit a few dog shelters, honor Roscoes memory (i.e. make a special dontation to your local shelter in Roscoe's honor), and then consider rescuing a dog from a shelter.


Good luck, and take care!
I just lost my dog a couple of weeks ago it was very hard for me.There is a website called rainbow bridge that I went to. You can tell people there your feelings and they help you cope with them. I have also put her picture on my desktop so I see her everyday and that helps me.The thing he has to remember is that it was his time and you don't want them to suffer.Be thankful that he had that long with the dog I only got 12 years from my dog she died of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment