Saturday, May 22, 2010

I am angry - any one agree?

I have just read a question about a 'crazy' 6 month old labrador, the person asking is saying her dog is crazy and afraid it will attack the baby - I won't mention the name to save from embarrassment. Well, HELLO! Dogs are a full -time commitment, why have one if you are too busy/broke/clueless to keep and train him properly? They are a responsibility, and this 'crazy' young healthy will be another sad statistic at the vets or homeless pound, because the clueless dolly of an owner simply did not think about the commitment of dog ownership.
Answers:
It does bother me that people don't do more homework on the difference between having a stuffed animal and a real live one. But on the other hand, if they are willing to take the animal to training and get trained with the animal on how to care for it and help it be a family member and not a terror because of their inexperience, they may end up being great pet owners. I absolutely agree that if a person is too busy, or broke or clueless and not getting help in training when they need it, they don't need to own a dog and I agree that it is a big commitment. I have fostered a lot of puppies and dogs and kept one that I fostered.
I have three dogs that are all different in personality and were challenging in different ways but they are gems now, with training and care. Some people don't realize that it is like having a child. They need training, good food, attention, medical care and dental care and they give so much more back..
your overreacting
In my home, I would never have considered giving up a pet because I had a child/baby come into the family. But soooo many people do this, my own sister did. They worried that the pet could be a potential threat to the child/baby and got rid of it. I am amazed at the number of people who think pets are dispensible.
Are you crazy I donnt get you
I know what you mean. Many families pick a cute pup, not realizing its MOMMY who has to take care of the house, kids, hubby and dog, including everybody's food, clothes, bed linens, poop, pee and puke. Its hard to be a MOMMY for everyone! I think she needs a spa day for herself, and to drop the kids at a babysitter, the dog at a trainer, and send in the Merry Maids to clean the house. Then after the massage and facial, she can pick up some Applebees to go, have a nice dinner with the family and realistically discuss the responsibilities to be delegated to everyone in the family!!

Any other MOMMIES agree? p.s. kids let this be a lesson to you!
didn't read the ? but you seem really hostile. Maybe the dog has issues. Poor breeding, no socializing as a baby, lots of things that a new dog owner has no control over.
Quite agree. Most dogs need proper training.
I agree with you completely.
Dogs are great, get rid of the kid.

NO, don't do that, I do agree that folks should think before they act where any live animal is concerned, be it a human or a pet. And I too am sick of hearing of folks, my own family included, that thinks that a dog should do this, or that. But, they don't want to take the time to do what THEY need to do to make it right.
I don't think you're overreacting. I agree with you.

Unfortunately it's a fact of life that people who have sh*t for brains are going to continue to acquire pets.

These are the same people who get upset about the extensive adoption screening process at rescue organizations!
They could always just get rid of the kid!

But seriously, the dog isn't crazy because it's a little mouthy. It's a freaking puppy. Nothing a little training and growing won't help.
lol your right and i dont think the dog will hurt the baby i jest wonts to play
Labrador pups can be particularly energetic, and "naughty" if left to their own devices, and they can stay in the "puppy" stage for up to 2 years.

While I did not read the posting you refer to, it is a fact that many pets are left at shelters because the owner did not fully think the responsibilty through before getting a dog. And while a person may have his/her heart set on a specific breed of dog, they need to choose their pet carefully to make certain their lives will blend well with the dog's needs.

I am not angry, but I do agree with many of your points.
OMG i cant believe you posted this rant! who the hell are you to comment upon someone elses life like that when you dont know the FULL details of this persons life? where do you get off ?

I think you need to have a proper look at your own life.maybe get some anger management courses .PPPFTTTT people like you are a scurge!
Actually, a 6 month old dog or any other animal acts a bit crazy, because it's still a big baby, and they play etc. But it is also the perfect age to get them trained and become perfect dogs and be the child's best friend. So I agree with you that this woman who was worried has done nothing of what she is supposed to do to solve her problem responsibly, and in fact she will have no problem if she does.

By the way, today I've heard of this other story that will make you angry too: a couple has a dogo argentino. They hired a "trainer", who really tortured their dog and urged the man to do the same, as training, to the point that the dog lost his senses etc. Naturally, the dog had the opposite results, and has ended up biting them. Now the have gone to another trainer, who is not sure he can turn things around, but he'll try. The good thing is they don't want to give him away, because they realize it's their responsibility, especially now that they' ve turned it to a dog no one will want. They have decided to keep it even like that, in a large enclosed area of their property.
You may be being very hard on this person..they may not have been articulate enough to say what is going on and may not know why. In my life, I had a pet Peke, somewhat young, was the center of attention, and then I had my first child..the dog got attention, but not as much.there was a new baby in the house and babies need attention. The dog became spiteful, started eating everything it could, tearing up this and that. No matter how much attention the dog got, it was not enough. IF I were holding the baby, the dog, who may have been laying quietly in the room, suddenly started jumping up on me wanting all the attention.No matter what I did, I could not get the dog to share time with the baby. Granted I was not a very good dog trainer then, but I could not handle the situation for fear that the DOG was very unhappy in the household. I certainly had no fear that it would harm the baby. I found a great home for him, and he was much happier being the only one in the house who got attention. Some dogs are like that.it hurt to say goodbye to my dog, but .. I had to put the dog's happiness before mine, and I certainly could not put the dog's happiness in front of my childs. So back off a little.you may not know the whole story. Thanks,
No Josh
She is not over reacting. She is right, a dog is for life and the poor dog with end up in the street or the pound. I rescue dogs all my life and if you ever have time (JOSH) go have a look at some. I TOTALY AGREE WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. Thumbs up for you
WTF - Why do they have a 6 month old Lab and a baby? What a dumb a*ss. Kinda just scares me sometimes the things I read on here.
i had a crazy dog. well, i HAVE a crazy dog. i wouldnt have trusted her with a baby when she was younger (she's blind now so she's changed), but i never would have given her away. i just wouldnt leave her alone with a baby. who would leave a baby alone with a pet anyways? what kind of parenting is that?
Yep..FAR TOO MANY IDIOTS have dogs. HUNDREDS of em post here DAILY!

FAR TOO many REPRODUCE!!

not NEARLY enough are CULLED by natural selection!
What really riles me is the number of bridal extravaganzas that have pet adoptions at them. Oh yes, we will get a puppy or kitten and treat it like a babyy and then when we have a bab y the pet will have to go because it is too spoiled. I have a beautiful dog who came into our house because the original owner, who let him sleep in her bed and bottle fed him couldn't understand why he wanted to lay down by the baby and why he "stole" the babies bottles. About the only two things in the world you don't have to go to training for is parent hood and pet ownership.

Please don't get me started on that soap box!
I agree with you. a 6 month old puppy regardless of breed it going to be full of energy. There is a saying that the reason puppies are so cute is so they live to adulthood.

Having a puppy is a fulltime commitment. In my own case by the time my rottweiler puppy was 1 yr old he had eat thru 2 walls and not counting everything else he destroyed.

Also as most large breeds they take longer to mature. It is normal for big dogs to be 2 yrs old and still rearraning your landscaping LOL. I started thinking I could never leave my rottie loose in the house. He was 4 yrs old when he finally settled down lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment