Saturday, May 22, 2010

I am interested in writing a book with an animal as the main character.?

Would you please tell me what your favorite novels with animal characters are? I know the obvious, Animal Farm, Lives of the Monster Dogs, Ishmael, Cat/Dog Lover Mysteries, Charlottes Web and Babe.

Please include childrens books if you love them as long as they are chapter books, as opposed to pictuer books.

Thanks for your help.
Answers:
The Call of the Wild, has got to be one of my favorites, and of course, Black Beauty.. You might look at Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul..it has so many inspirational stories..Also, all of the James Harriott books..
I would like to see the story of a 'dumped' puppy..How he suffers and survives, is kept on death row in the pound, and is liberated by the first family, returned, and liberated by a forever-home family.. What they had to go through to rehab him (training) and how he enriched their lives (perhaps a hero) One rescue actually did save my life!
This true story I read, Rascal, was really good. It was how a 12 year old boy back in the earlier 1900s had no mom but kept taking in pets. Then he found some racoon kits with the help of his dog. They got away with their mother except for one, which he took home and kept as his favorite pet. The book tells about their life together.
the Chronicles of naria
I think the important thing is that you pick an animal you know well so that you can describe it realistically. Like I have cats. So I know that if you confuse them, they will often pause in what they are doing - and as if to "stall" while contemplating a response - they will often wash. These little details make animal stories more realisitic and interesting - I believe.

Best of luck!
the whole 30 book redwall series theyre great books and im in the middle of animal farm it seems pretty good
i don't really read much, so when i actually do read a book its usually good to me so idk if this is any help but i read because of winn dixie a few years ago and thought it was really good

No comments:

Post a Comment