Saturday, May 22, 2010

I am debating is this wrong.?

Ok we got a house but need a washer and dryer, we have very little money as is and we have to be on a very strict budget. I really don't want to do it neither does my husband, but the only thing we have of value is our puppy. I am not saying that I am going to do this because I can suffer with out a washer and dryer but also it is a must have. I don't want to be put down for this but I am willing to take anyones comment and not take them to heart. I just want to know what your opinions are on selling your dog to be able to afford a washer and dryer and if anyone would do the same thing. I would not sell him to any random person I will check into them and if they meet my standereds then I would adopt him out.

What do you all have to say. See we got our puppy 3 months ago and just a few weeks ago desided to buy a house, so the house was not planed before the dog.
Answers:
No, it is not wrong. You have to do what is best for everyone in your household. Puppies and dogs are expensive. I know how tight things can be when you are just starting out. Yes, animals deserve a happy, healthy, and safe environment. If monies are that tight, it might be better to sell the puppy to a new good home (I'm sure you are giving it one now, or you wouldn't be worried about is this the right thing to do or not), then in a few years when you have the money to spare, give another puppy a good home.

Good luck, this is not an easy decision to make.

Oh, one more possibility. If this is a very temporary buget cinching, you could see if there is a free cycle group for your area, and try to get a washer and dryer there. (Free cycle groups are internet groups where people list things that they are giving away, and others, if they want/need the items take them.)
Can't you get the washer and dryer on hire purchase? Or go to a laundromat?
if you would be willing to sell a member of your family for a washer and dryer.you don't deserve to have that puppy.
ok .. do you have a tv? sell that? got a dvd? sell that,,, well you have a computer. sell that

im sure you have heaps of stuff you could put on ebay! there are always more then one option, and really if you have a house, then you dont need a dryer, hang out your clothes, I dont know how much a washing machine is where you are, but here i got one for bout 200 bucks, second hand out of the newspaper,
How much can you possibly sell the dog for now? I don't think you can get much out of selling him/her.
If you are that tight on money see if you have a local salvation army, or put a want add in the newspaper for a used washer and dryer. Are you trying to sell your puppy to get enough money or selling the puppy cuz you cant afford food and shots and a washer/dryer? Unless its purebread and you can prove it, I doubt you will get much money for a puppy.
Although it sounds kind of unfeeling, you must realize that you have not had the puppy for to long and the needs of your family come first as long as you can get a good home for the puppy it might be better off in the long run, if you do not get what is needed for your family to be comfortable then there could be some unknowing resentment toward the puppy.
it is far better to get the puppy to a good home now while you and the puppy can still make lasting bonds with another.
Good Luck!
If a $1000 washer/dryer set is between you and poverty you cant afford to keep that house you just bought. Thank god it is only a dog, I could imagine if you had children and need a new microwave. You are obviously not stable, mature or financially ready for commitments. You know you could always give up your internet/computer.that will save a few bucks!!
You know, if that is an option to you, then you might as well do it, puppy will be better off in a more pet-centered home.

I am not criticizing you, really, I just understand that some people don't bond with animals the same way others do.

So, if it is an option in your mind, then, go for it.

Personally, my pets are as much a part of my family as my kids are, and I couldn't part with them like that.

Good luck.
OMG ! Nothing really matters as far as the house or whatever. This poor dog has only known you all for it's family. You can't put it out just because you need a way to wash and dry your clothes. Go to the laundromat. Give this puppy all the love and affection he deserves. You're his mommy and daddy !
what part of the cuontry do you live in?if you are close enough i have a washer and drier to give you.i live in texaswhat is the baby?life can be hell iv'e washed clothes in the bath tub after bathing 5 kids to boot.it aint love it's lugersley.
If your going to buy a house get an extra thousand dollars from the bank to buy your self a washing machine ( u can do with out a dryer) Please don't give your puppy up, it really hurts when there not around.
Good Luck
You said it yourself.The house was not planned before the dog.So did you think of the dog when you were buying the house?
What you are saying is no different than saying well we had a baby and then we decided to buy a house,can't afford the baby now,so will have to get rid of it.
Since you have bought a house,hang your washing on the line.As for the washing machine,put one on layby and go to the laundromat until you pay it off.Or buy a cheap second hand one to get by with until you can afford a better one.
But to sell a member of the family for a material item is just wrong.
if you had a child would you sell him or her??ive been in your shoes many time and i would never sell my dog for anything!! go to a rent to own store and make payments
Laundrymat, rent, buy used. You have a lot of options other than selling the dog.

And you'd only sell it to someone who meet your standards?!?!?
You mean someone else who'll sell a family member to make doing laundry easier?
I hope there's no one else out there with your "standards".

Maybe you can sell a kidney instead?

I'd say sell your heart - too bad you don't have one

You have a house, how about getting a loan for the washer and dryer?

No, I would not do it for something as comparatively frivolouis as that. Nor would I do it except maybe life or death and the dog saved me.
I don't get why you'd get a house when it would put so much stress on the purse that you would have to re-home your puppy? I realise that things can change - we went from a 4 income house to 1 within 6 months %26 still have to feed %26 vet the cats but when we got 4 cats we were well off, somehow we manage to keep them fed %26 taken care of.

Your puppy needs its shots, heartworm tablets, desexing, a decent diet - all these things add strain to the budget. I guess you have to look at your priorities. I honestly think that if you're expecting to get enough money for a washer %26 dryer from selling your puppy you're on another planet. Depending on the sort of dog it is %26 if it has its papers %26 whatnot you *may* get a few hundred dollars %26 well is the dog that disposable? I lived without a washing machine for 3 years - I used the laundromat or went to friends palces - hell I even hand washed. To this day I don't have a dryer but I'd not give up any of my cats for one. How you couldn't be bonded with the puppy after 3 months with it I will never know.
I'd wash our family's clothes (all 6 of us!) out by hand and hang them to dry before I'd EVER get rid of our dog. She is a part of our family too.
Seeing your last comment, maybe you need to find something else to do with your time.obviously your question was upsetting to alot of people.
Since you're even asking the question, I'd say yes, sell this poor dog to someone who'll love him and not consider trading him for appliances. You probably wouldn't spend the money to take him to the vet either, so find him a new home now.
why dont u get a job?

No comments:

Post a Comment