Monday, May 24, 2010

I am wanting to buy a Yorkshire Terrier and..?

I was wondering how much money I have to save to get one. Are they good with kids? I have 2 young girls. Are they loyal and loving? I used to have one when I was little and dont remember much about them. What do you think about them? Good dogs?
Answers:
iam a proud owner of a 5yr old yorkie named chaney. she is blue and gold in color. although these dog's are small by nature. they are loyal pets. as for children, they can be over dominant at times. but in my case i have a grandchild who chaney adores. never had any problems. but, it could have been as with any family pet. because she was raised around her. it's all in how they are treated. as for price. these dog's can run up to $1,000. i paid 500 for mine. chaney is very playful and full of life. she loves her tennis ball. and doesn't show no signs of agression towards anyone. but, like i said with any pet it's all in how you raise them. as for chaney i wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.
I dont think they are good for kids. I have had 4 different ones from different litters and all and they all go off in their own little world. They arent people dogs, and can be very annoying at times b/c they bark for no reason. I love my dogs dont get me wrong but they just are not people dogs. I dont have kids or anything but if I did I wouldnt chose to get another Yorkie. They require ALOT of attention! Oh yea, and they are tiny so they are fragile and my little cousins and all love to pick them up and all but they always tend to kinda of hurt them, again all people/dogs are different, but this is just my opinion. I would get a dog that is just a little bit bigger so you kid and play with them and all whent hey are a little bit older than toddlers and have fun with them.Good Luck!
I grew up with one, her name was Coke as in coca cola. She was a gorgeous dog. They do turn up being sold at the pound, they generally when bought from a registered owner run up about $400 for a breeding female or Male or about $250 for neutered males and females. Just when you do get one take really good care of it's eyes because they are very susceptable to cataracts. Their fringes get really annoying for them too. They should come with their tail docked but it isn't necessary.
yes there are five kids in my house and we have 3 yorkies I love them to death and they are very good with the children! Good LUCK!
I would not have Terriers around small children, my experience has been that Terriers can be aggressive with small children. Small children like to put their faces right into the dogs face. The natural instinct of the Terrier is to see it as a challenge and nip the child's face to show their dominance. Terriers were bred to hunt vermin and can be aggressive. I will also say, before I am over run and stomped by Terrier lovers, that it also will depend on the the dogs temperament and training. My advice is to be very, very, careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment