Monday, May 24, 2010

I bathe my yorkie often but he still has a dirty smell, what can I do?


Answers:
Well what you need to do is stop using your dog as a dust rag on your hardwood floor. I suggest you get one of those doggy carriers and not let him walk on the ground anymore.
have it put down
WASH HIS EARS, THAT IS WHAT IS SMELLY ON MY YORKIE. THEY HAVE THIS SPECIAL SOLUTION THAT IS FOR THE EAR CANALS SMELLINESS.
I use T-Gel Shampoo and Conditioner on my German Shepherd because I bath her often also. This particular kind of shampoo is soothing to the skin and won't leave her dry and itchy which is a good thing because I bath her two to three times a week. I hate dog smell.
My mom uses "Pet Perfume" on her Yorkie. They sell it at most larger pet stores, and it is dog safe. Its a good way to keep the dog smelling good between baths.
make sure you dry him good and buy mints for breath
you may want to have him groomed professionally once in a while to have the glands in his rear end cleaned out. some dogs need this done fairly frequently in order to keep them from smelling bad..
Buy dog perfume/colonge my dog still kinda smells after her bath too so we put some of that stuff on her. You can get some at a pet store like petco or petsmart
Even if you bathe your yorkie often doesn't mean he will be clean at all time. When he goes outside you must clean/wash his paws after. When he goes to pee or poop you must wipe his butt and when he pees he might step on his potty so clean his two feet. I have two dogs and that's how my family and i take care of my two dogs so they don't smell and we bathe them every 1 or 2 weeks but we always clean after them when they go outside, pee or poop. I hope that helps.
The smell could be from his breath or ears (especially if you have an older dog these tend to be the causes of the smell) Also try not to bath your dog too often he will end up with bad skin and this will be an even worse smell. Check his teeth and ears, if they need cleaned ask your groomer and/or vet for assistance.

You can also buy sprays for your dog (I'm a dog groomer and we use them daily) Your groomer may sell them, and most pet shops have them in stock.

http://www.technogroom.co.uk


Good Luck!
be care full its not good to bath a dog a lot it will dry out their skin and make it itchy try talking them to the groomers. you should only bath them once every 6 months unless they get into something
You should do research on how often to wash a pet. Dogs should only be washed a few times a year because when you wash them the oils on their hair and skin do not help protect the dog. some of the odors could be from the oils not repelling as they should. also dogs breath can send a very unpleasant smell as well as gas if you feed your dog cheap food that has fish by products in them.
bathe him with scented shampoo. i have apple scented shampoo for my dog. she smells so yummy-licious!
I use a product called BasicH2 on my dogs and they never have any smells or odors to them It is a great productGo to shaklee.ca and order some today

No comments:

Post a Comment