Monday, May 24, 2010

I bought a doggie sweater for my German Shorthairred Pointer.she's cold when she goes out.anyone else?

Anyone else dress you dog for the dog's comfort? Grandma is laughing at me!
Answers:
My dog loves her sweaters! She is a 70lb who-knows-what. She had a lady bug costume last year for halloween, we had to chase her down to get it off of her. I guess she liked how she looked! Gets pretty warm down here (South Texas) so we don't dress her for warmth, more because I think she looks cute. Her fur keeps her warm/cool enough.
I do! Why NOt? I mean why do you think they make them? Not only are they cute but I think they actually do keep the dog warm. I mean they put snow shoes on mushing dogs. Sure it's not the same as a sweater, but what else are we supposed to do with our non-mushing dogs,lol just jokin. But I think it was a good idea. And like I said, it is cute! :)
Yes I've bought clothes for my pug to wear, she has dry skin year round and now it's winter, clothes actually help keep her from itching as much. Plus she loves it when she gets new clothes she's such a clown. Let your Grandma laugh, there are others out there that dress their dogs, some actually get paid to do it.
I bought more than one coat or sweater for my Boston Terrier. We live in Alaska and Boston Terriers do not do well with cold weather. She hated to wear them. If I took her in the car and left her for a few minutes, she always managed to get the coat off. She cowered down when she wore them, so I gave up. I just make sure we didn't walk too long in the cold. If it did get too cold, she would want to be carried. I would carry her and people would always stop their cars and ask me if the dog was injured and they would offer a ride. Your grandma would really laugh if she saw me walking down the street cradling a cold dog.
My beagle has a coat. If it's cold and she doesn't have it on she won't go outside. She is the only dog I have ever had to buy clothes for, but she looks very cute in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment